Elina Koustoumpardi is a Senior Consultant to CRA’s European Competition Practice. She has more than 15 years experience in the application of economic theory and empirical techniques to competition law cases.
She has advised clients in:
- Complex merger investigations involving both horizontal and vertical effects, including LSE/Refinitiv, Nexi/SIA, Novelis/Aleris, Ethniki/CVC and others, in front of the European Commission and national competition authorities (Greece, Italy, South Africa, UK);
- Abuse of dominance investigations by competition authorities, involving exploitative as well as exclusionary practices (in sectors such as chipsets, telecoms, packaging materials, excessive pricing in pharmaceuticals); and
- Litigations, involving estimation of damages acting either on behalf of defendants or complainants in cartels (including GIS, shipping, construction and others) and abuse of dominance investigations.
She has worked on cases in a range of sectors with a focus more recently on payments, pharmaceuticals and healthcare
- B.A. Politics, Philosophy & Economics, University of Oxford
- M.Sc Economics, University College London